When you just start out with natural hair you definitely need a natural hair regimen to bring those long and healthy hair goals of yours to life.
Even if you’ve been natural for a while and not seeing the results you desire, then you may need to assess your regimen or build one if you never had any in the first place.
This is a sample natural hair regimen guide just in case you don’t know where to start and it focuses mainly on a wash routine for your natural hair. This other carefully planned out regimen guide will give you a more detailed process that includes styling, products and tools you may require.
Remember that a regimen is unique to the individual so this guide would just help you decide when you will do what.
- Scalp massages using a stimulating oil mix (daily or every other day)
- Apply leave in conditioner and seal (daily or every 2 – 3 days)
- Apply oil to scalp using a natural oil like coconut, jojoba, avocado or castor oil (daily or every other day)
- Protect hair at night with a satin bonnet and/or satin pillowcase
- Deep condition
- ACV Rinse weekly (at the beginning) or every two weeks
- Detangle hair
- Moisturize with leave-in-conditioner and seal
- Hot oil treatment every two weeks
Clarify with clarifying shampoo, Clay Wash or ACV rinse (if you are not clarifying bi-monthly)
Protein treatment every 6-8 weeks or depending on your hair’s need.
Your regimen will generally rotate around these periods and might change with the condition and length of your hair.
Just keep at it and it will get better.
What’s your simple wash day regimen?
Related articles across the web